Why become a member?By joining Table Tennis Wales you are becoming part of a fast-growing, fun, and exciting sport. Table tennis is a very sociable sport and for those who want to develop and perform at a high level we have an excellent pathway which allows for all to reach their potential. The Veterans table tennis movement is also very active in Wales and demonstrates that you can play the sport recreationally and competitively at any age. Your membership fees are vitally important to help us to develop the grassroots of the sport and to build a future for table tennis. Along with our grant from Sport Wales we are able to:
- Govern the sport
- Arrange competitions
- Coach our young people
- Enter national teams in overseas events
- Increase participation in the sport
- Protect and safeguard the sport
- Insure clubs/leagues
- Support our dedicated volunteers
Membership Fees for 2019-2020
Membership fees for this season will run from the 1st September 2019 to 31st August 2020.
The fee structure for this season is as follows:
TTW affiliation £20 (£10 for a close family member) – required if you are playing league matches
Player Licence £40.00 (includes affiliation) – required if you are playing any Welsh/English tournaments (e.g. National Championships)
How to Pay Membership Fees
For the 2019-2020 season we will be using our new Sport80 membership system where you can log into your own account and renew the membership using your bank card. If you registered an email address with us last season, you will receive an invite email to access your account on Tuesday 27th August 2019. If you are new to the system, click on the below link and it takes a few minutes to set up an account. Your club/league will also have access to your account and you can still pay your fees through them for this season.
Please direct any membership queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the TTW office on 029 20 334999 (please note that there is one part time member of staff managing these queries so please be patient for responses)
Individual Member Benefits
- Third party liability insurance
- Participation in certain competitions
Free telephone legal advice
Just a reminder that the following two firms of solicitors have agreed to offer a free telephone helpline service (up to 10-minute calls – one call per topic) on any legal matters that they routinely deal with. If you have a problem simply telephone either firm and confirm that you are a full-paying member and wish to take advantage of the TTW helpline service – and they will be glad to assist you.
Free preparation of Wills
The same two firms are happy to deal with the preparation of straightforward wills for full paying members at no charge. Although there is no legal obligation to do so we do hope that those availing themselves of the service may consider a modest bequest to TTW as a lasting legacy to our sport.
The TTW panel solicitors are:
Tonner Johns Ratti solicitors – (ask for David Johns) Tel: 01792 643296 E: email@example.com www.tonnerjohnsratti.co.uk
Caswell Jones solicitors – (ask for Steve Jones) Tel: 02920 864888 firstname.lastname@example.org www.caswelljones.com
Free tax/business planning advice
The following firms of accountants have agreed to offer free advice (by telephone) on a range of tax matters (personal or business) Calls are restricted to 10 minutes in duration and to one call per topic and must be on matters that are within the range of expertise of the firms. To access this service simply call them on direct and confirm you are a paid-up TTW member.
BPU Chartered Accountants – ask for (Huw Palin) Tel 02920 734100
O’Brien & partners Chartered Accountants – (ask for Gareth Francis) Tel: 01443 841184
Note- The use of all these free helplines is not a substitute for detailed professional advice based on individual circumstances
- Eligibility to register for various training courses
- Support for clubs and leagues
- Provide DBS checks for coaches in clubs and leagues
Through it’s full membership of the Welsh Sports Association, Table Tennis Wales can offer the following benefits to its member clubs:
- Campaign Advice & Resources
- Helplines & Advice – e.g. Financial, HR, Legal, Commercial, GDPR
- Safeguarding Support & Training – online Safeguarding & Protecting Children renewal
- Discounted Team Manager Training (TM1 & TM2)
- Discounted rates for our online bi-lingual DBS checking service
- Discounted insurance & bespoke coaches insurance with Watkin Davies
- Free Executive recruitment service with Acorn Executive Search
- Digital support with free digital audits
- Access to unrivalled rates for Rental & virtual pool car vehicles with Enterprise
- Access to the WSA Travel partner, Traveleads, to receive the very best discounted and added value airfare agreements.
- Governance advice & guidance
- Free online resources & templates via the member log-in section of the website.
- Fundraising support and advice
- Discounted access to the innovative services from our Media & Events partner, Orchard